Saturday, May 2, 2009

Catholic Underground/Aggies!

Blessed Be God!!!

Howdy y'all!

Last week we went to the Catholic Underground here in Arlington/D.C. area. It's just starting up here, and they are doing a GREAT job. The holy hour was just what Becky and I needed. They chanted just like we are use to chanting through song so that made the transition a lot easier. We ended up not going to see the acts unfortunately do to the crazy weather that night.

Also during that day I had worn one of my Aggie shirts. This one was grey and had the quote from Gen. Patton about if you gave him a corp of West Pointers he could win a battle, but if you have gave him a handful of Aggies he could win you a war. Anyways, the first part of my day I went to help with Rent-A-Teen where the parish hires the youth to help around their homes. I went to two houses, and the second house I went to the lady asked me to turn around to see my shirt. Then her eyes got really wide and quickly asked if I was from A&M. I told her I wasn't, and she told me she was class of '81 and that she was in the Corp and is military. Great lady. Later than day during lunch my Uncle Joe had an old friend come in town, and during lunch she had asked my Aunt Linda if I went to A&M as well. I think she just knew the college. Then later that day driving I saw a truck with a Texas A&M sticker on the back. To cap off the night after the Holy Hour at Catholic Underground, Becky and I were about to leave when a gentleman asked me if I had gone to Texas A&M. I told I didn't, and I looked at his shirt and sure enough he was also wearing an Aggie shirt!

In one day got hit with FOUR Aggie references. CRAZY! You can take the man out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the boy I guess or Texas A&M at least.

Next blog we'll have pics of Emmitsburg, MD and today's fun!

Hope all are well and remember we love comments! : )

God Bless,
Love in Christ
Jason & Becky

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that story!!! You can always reply that you're an Aggie in spirt and your favorite big sister went there! :-)

    ReplyDelete